Sunday, April 8, 2007

Should I bring something for the kids on my interview for a new nanny position?

Q: I am going to meet a potential family next week. As a possible nanny I was hoping to bring a small gift for the children 2 boys (7 and 13 mo.) and 2 girls (5 and 3). I don't want anything too overboard bu I want them to know I am excited to work with them. Any ideas on what I could get them?
Thanks- :)

A: I think it's a lovely gesture to want to take a gift to the children, but I don't really think it's a great idea.
I think maybe you could consider taking your favorite children's book to read with them and then ask them what their favorite is, or maybe you could take a small art project that you could do with them, but in my opinion it is not necessary to take them a gift.

If you have made up your mind to take a gift, then I suggest a book, perhaps one of your favorites.
Good Luck!
Glenda Propst
Nanny / Employer Expert

No comments: